Organic Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is extracted from the herb with the botanical name Rosmarinus officinalis.
Many cultures saw the herb as sacred. It was used to find off spirits and as protection against the plague.
What does rosemary essential oil smell like?
A fresh and herbaceous scent.
Which part of the plant provides the oil?
Where has rosemary been sourced from?
This particular rosemary oil originates from India.
How is rosemary essential oil extracted?
Rosemary oil is extracted by steam distillation.
This involves using steam from boiling water to extract the essential oil from the plant.
The heat from the steam causes the plant’s cell walls to open allowing the essential oil to be released.
What other oils blend well with rosemary essential oil?
Rosemary oil blends well with cedarwood, citronella, geranium, lavender, lemongrass and peppermint.
How can I benefit from rosemary essential oil?
Here are some ways you can benefit from using rosemary essential oil:
- Aromatherapy: Inhaling rosemary essential oil can help improve focus, concentration, and mental clarity. It may also boost mood and relieve stress and anxiety. You can add a few drops of rosemary oil to a diffuser or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Hair and scalp health: Rosemary essential oil has long been used to promote hair growth, strengthen hair follicles, and improve scalp health. You can add a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo or create a hair rinse by mixing it with water and applying it to your scalp after shampooing.
- Skin care: Rosemary essential oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, making it beneficial for various skin conditions. It can help reduce acne, soothe inflammation, and improve overall skin tone. Mix a few drops of rosemary oil with a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil, and apply it to the skin after cleansing.
- Respiratory support: Rosemary oil can assist with respiratory issues like congestion, coughs, and sinusitis. You can use it in steam inhalation by adding a few drops to a bowl of hot water and inhaling the steam. Alternatively, you can mix it with a carrier oil and apply it topically to the chest or throat area.
- Pain relief: Rosemary essential oil possesses analgesic properties and can be used to alleviate muscle pain, joint discomfort, and headaches. Mix a few drops of rosemary oil with a carrier oil and massage it onto the affected area for relief.
- Memory and cognitive function: Inhaling rosemary oil has been associated with improved memory and cognitive performance. Consider using it during study or work sessions to enhance mental alertness and memory retention.
Are there precautions I should know about?
Remember to perform a patch test before using rosemary essential oil topically and consult with a healthcare professional, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Should not be used during pregnancy, or by those with epilsepsy and those who have high blood pressure.