Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange essential oil is extracted from the plant with the botanical name Citrus sinensis.
Sweet orange is native to China and now cultivated extensively in America.
You may have seen furniture polishes with orange oil in them.
Orange oil is also used in liqueurs and as a food flavouring.
What does sweet orange essential oil smell like?
Sweet, fruity and tangy.
Which part of the plant provides the oil?
The peel from the orange fruit.
Where has sweet orange essential oil been sourced from?
This particular organic sweet orange oil originates from Italy.
How is sweet orange essential oil extracted?
As the oil extracts are enclosed deep inside the peel of the orange, sweet orange essential oil is extracted by cold-pressing the fresh rind of the ripened fruit.
The fruit is cut lengthwise, the pulp is removed, and the rind is then soaked in water in order to make it soft and pliable.
What other oils blend well with sweet orange essential oil?
Sweet orange essential oil blends well with bergamot, black pepper, cinnamon, cypress, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, marjoram, may chang, neroli, nutmeg, patchouli, petitgrain, rose, rosewood and sandalwood.
How can I benefit from sweet orange essential oil?
Here are some ways you can benefit from using sweet orange essential oil:
- Uplifts mood and reduces stress: Sweet orange oil has a refreshing and uplifting aroma that can help elevate your mood. Diffusing a few drops of the oil or inhaling it directly can promote feelings of relaxation, reduce stress, and increase positivity.
- Energizes and boosts focus: Inhaling sweet orange oil can provide a natural energy boost and enhance mental clarity and focus. Consider diffusing it in your workspace or adding a few drops to a tissue and inhaling it when you need a concentration boost.
- Supports a healthy immune system: Sweet orange oil contains compounds that can help support the immune system. You can dilute the oil with a carrier oil and massage it onto the skin, or add a few drops to a warm bath to potentially promote overall wellness.
- Enhances skincare: Sweet orange oil possesses antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it beneficial for skincare. When properly diluted in a carrier oil, it can help soothe irritated skin, improve complexion, and promote a healthy, radiant appearance.
- Aids digestion: The aroma of sweet orange oil can stimulate the digestive system, helping to relieve occasional digestive discomfort. You can inhale the oil or dilute it with a carrier oil and massage it onto your abdomen in a gentle, circular motion.
- Freshens the air: Sweet orange oil has a pleasant, citrusy scent that can freshen the air in your home. Add a few drops to a diffuser or create a homemade room spray by mixing the oil with water in a spray bottle.
- Natural household cleaner: The antimicrobial properties of sweet orange oil make it a useful ingredient for creating natural household cleaners. You can mix it with vinegar, water, and other essential oils to make an all-purpose cleaner that is safe and effective.
Are there precautions I should know about?
Like all citrus essential oils, it can have a phototoxic effect so those using it should not have direct contact with the sun.