Essential Oils for Migraines
Essential oils are used as home remedies for a variety of ailments. Below is an effective blend of essential oils for migraines or tension-type headaches.
An essential oil is a concentrated liquid extracted from a plant. Aromatherapy is an alternative therapy based on the use of these oils. Aromatherapists believe that each essential oil offers a different set of health benefits.
- 3x drops Helichrysum (powerful anti-inflammatory characteristics)
- 5x drops Grapefruit (from personal experience, this is wonderful in headache formulas)
- 3x drops Peppermint (anti-spasmotic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and helps with nausea)
- 2x drops Sweet Marjoram (sedative, analgesic, anti-spasmotic)
- Dilute in 30ml of Argan Oil (good for the skin and hair as well)
Using gentle circular strokes, apply a dime size amount of this oil to the base of the skull, behind the ears and on the temples. Be careful not to come too close to the eyes as the peppermint can irritate them.
And of course, a proper diet which includes eliminating processed foods, using essential oils, and supplementing with magnesium (migraine sufferers are often deficient in magnesium) and water intake play a huge part in dealing with migraines.
Do let us know if you have any other suggestions with regards to essential oils for migraines, please leave them in the comment box below for others to discover and use.
Aromatherapy Consultation with Elena (Virtual)
The consultation will assist in your journey to better health and well-being. You will discover how therapeutic essential oils can be incorporated into your life easily and naturally.
A personal essential oil blend will be posted to you, worldwide as part of this fascinating hour.