Valentine day gift ideas
14 February every year people send secret messages of love and affection to a special person in their lives. Couples present flowers and gifts to each other and celebrate a day of love.
Saint Valentine’s Day originated as a Western Christian liturgical day honouring early saints named Valentinus and recognised as a special celebration day.
It is associated with the Saint Valentine of Rome who was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers, who were forbidden to marry.
According to the legend, while in prison he healed the daughter of his jailer and wrote her a farewell letter before the execution, signed Your Valentine.
First, the day became associated with the romantic love in the 14th century England, when the tradition for courtly love has been flourishing. In the 18th century it became special occasion for lovers to express their love for each other by presenting flowers and sending valentines (greeting cards).
In Europe Saint Valentine’s Keys were sent to lovers as a romantic symbol of unlocking the giver’s heart.
Today’s Saint Valentine’s symbols include heart shapes, doves, and the winged Cupids statuettes.
Aromatherapy interpretation of Valentine’s gifts giving is to show you care and wish them well. Here are a few Valentine gift ideas, aromatic gifts with healing properties.
Sensual scented sets such as:
- Sweetheart synergistic blend and aromatherapy necklace in the form of heart packed in a cute box
- For My Napoleon grooming body oil and Meditation synergistic blend for in the diffuser
- Sensuality synergistic essential oil blend and a diffuser.
- Rose scented set: rose body oil, day cream and Rosa roll on perfume
- Roll-on oil perfumes: Rosa, Suave and Savant
- Aromatic set, containing rose water and the Day Dream synergistic blend for in your diffuser.
These Valentine day gift ideas are lovingly hand made from premium quality botanical ingredients to ensure your loved ones’ good health.
Learn more about Aromatherapy, get our Aromatherapy guide for beginners