Pregnancy friendly essential oils
While pregnant we recommend sticking to a few very safe oils that don’t have any precautions.
- Lavender – improves sleep quality and alleviates perineum discomfort post labour
- Frankincense & cedarwood – both have mild analgesic action; help relieve inflammation and pain
- Roman chamomile – fosters relaxation
- Sweet orange –creates comfort and health all around
- Ylang ylang – assists anxiety, is calming, brings relaxation, and relieves feeling of anger, tension and nervous irritability.
When pregnant it is recommended to avoid essential oils which promote circulation, such as black pepper, ginger, clove bud, rosemary and thyme.
Oils to definitely avoid during pregnancy are fennel, ginger, juniper berry, lemongrass, myrrh, nutmeg and rosemary.
To be on a safe the best thing to do is to consult a certified aromatherapist before use.