Discover the best essential oil for skin moisturiser
There is quite a number of essential oils which are beneficial for skin and therefore can be added to a moisturiser. Essential oils support skin health by promoting the skin cells renewal, balancing skin tone, reducing inflammation, fighting skin cells oxidation, healing, preventing scar tissue from forming. The best way is to mix a few essential oils to enhance their benefits.
Here are the best essential oils for adding to a moisturiser.
- Helichrysum has superior skin regenerating activity. It is an effective free-radical scavenger, protecting newly formed cells.
- Carrot seed displays a distinct revitalising effect on skin lacking tone.
- Cedarwood has been shown to reduce inflammation in skin tissues. It is useful in treating acne.
- Myrrh is a powerful anti-inflammatory and excellent antiviral, and analgesic agent. It is useful in treating tired and dull ageing skin.
- Frankincense regenerates skin, prevents wrinkles, calms inflammation in skin.
- Geranium relieves inflammation, evens out the skin tone, encourages the growth the new skin cells. Its antiseptic, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties heal the wounds and lift the scars.
- Rose geranium was found effective in preventing and treating inflammatory skin conditions.
- Lavender helps preventing scarring by promoting cell and tissue growth. It shows antiseptic, antioxidant, and antibiotic properties. The oil demonstrates wound healing activity and may be used as a natural treatment for repairing damaged skin tissues. It promotes wound healing by increasing collagen and regenerating tissue.
- Neroli is useful in treating scars and inflammatory skin conditions due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Spikenard restores balance to all skin types. It can be helpful with treating psoriasis. Being a balancing oil, Spikenard can be used in facial massage and skin care preparations for all types of skin but is particularly valuable for mature skin. Victoria Edwards says: ‘The oil redresses the skin’s physiological balance and causes permanent regeneration’. Blends well with lavender.
- Palmarosa is known as a valuable skincare oil, hydrating, and stimulating and helping to balance sebum production. Like Lavender and Neroli, Palmarosa stimulates cellular regeneration. Its use in skin treatments is enhanced by its antiseptic properties which make it useful for acne and many minor skin infections, also some forms of dermatitis. Used regularly, it may help to smooth out wrinkles, and tone up the skin on the neck. It is used in hand creams, moisturisers, and all types of skin preparations, as much for its delightful fragrance as for its active properties. As a bonus, it is valuable for stress and stress-related conditions.
- Petitgrain has several applications in skin care as it helps to reduce over-production of sebum and is a gentle but effective antiseptic. It is a good oil for acne.
- Rosewood has a range of useful properties in skin care: being antiseptic and bactericidal makes it useful in treating acne, and its gentle, non-irritant nature means that it can be used on even the most sensitive skins. It is a cellular regenerator, which makes it valuable for ageing skin and it may even help to diminish wrinkles. It can be included in anti-stretch-mark cream.It is very precious oil and very valuable for its antidepressant and uplifting property.
- Sandalwood is beneficial to many different types of skin and problems. It can be used for dry and dehydrated skins, but it is also helpful for oily skins and acne, as it is slightly astringent and a powerful antiseptic. It can also be used for treating rush, for it is extremely soothing, and relieves the itch as well as inhibiting the bacteria which cause the rash.
- Tea tree has a great healing potential due to its antioxidant and antimicrobial activity. It is a promising option to topically treat inflammatory disorders.
Remember you will see the results only when you use the oils on a daily basis.
Aromatherapy Consultation with Elena (Virtual)
The consultation will assist in your journey to better health and well-being. You will discover how therapeutic essential oils can be incorporated into your life easily and naturally.
A personal essential oil blend will be posted to you, worldwide as part of this fascinating hour.